Quote of the Day - 30/12/08 - Money money money.... MONEY!!!


My Favourite Money Quotes :

"So you think that money is the root of all evil. Have you ever asked what is the root of all money?" - Ayn Rand

I'd say it is the fruits of our work... but then.. Work is evil. Interesting, no? I kinda think this take on it is funnier though.



"Woman = Time * Money

We all know that time is money..

time = money

So that means...

woman = money * money

woman = (money)^2

We also know that money is the root of all evil,

correct?

money = √evil

woman = (√evil)^2

Hence,

woman = evil

WOMEN ARE EVIL!!!"


I'm not sure where i heard this first, but it seems to have been around for years!!!

"I have enough money to last me the rest of my life, unless I buy something."
- Jackie Mason

Thanks to Jozz for that quote. I really do have a new found love for quotes, and this one from the American comic actor from the 1930s made me laugh. Yet again, its a truth dressed up with the statement that seems untrue in the first clause of the sentance, paired with something unexpected.

Oh i will learn, and i shall be quoted throughout history whence i've learnt the art.

On a side not related to Ann Rand, the first quote i pulled out, there is this fantastic quote she wrote, and i think that everyone should bear it in mind, especially entrepauners in this hard econmic time we find ourselves in.

“The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me.”- Ann Rand

Rand was a Russian born, American philosopher as well as a playwright. She rejected religion and communism, whilst adopting an approach to economics of the 'ideal' free markets or laissez-faire capitilism advocated by Adam Smith (though in 'The Wealth of Nations' he never uses the term laissez faire, he advocates free markets with 'The Invisible Hand' keeping production levels and competition right making costs low for everyone.)

Comments (0)